Actors Anonymous Limited (“Actors Anonymous”; “we”; “our”; “us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the data controller is Actor Anonymous Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 11072717 whose registered office is at Walton Lodge, 11 St. James’s Road, London, TW12 1DH.
Data Protection Principles
We will respect and comply with the data protection law. This says that the personal information that we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purpose that we have told you.
- Kept Securely.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- name and job title;
- contact information including email address;
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Information you give us.
You may give us information about you by uploading information on to our site www.actors-anonymous.com (“our site”), or by corresponding with us (by e-mail or otherwise). This includes information you provide when you subscribe to our newsletter and/or VIP services (including all memberships), participate in any blog functionality or other social media functions on our site, and when you report a problem with our site.
Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect technical information (including the IP address used to connect your computer to the internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform), or other information about your visit (including the URL clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), download errors, length of visits to certain pages and page interaction information.
Information we receive from other sources. We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
to provide you with the information and services relevant to Actors Anonymous and to the purposes that we have told you about; and to provide you, with information about other goods or services we feel may interest you. We will contact you predominantly by electronic means and very occasionally by post. We will not pass your information on to third parties for marketing purposes.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure; and
to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries (if any) from time to time, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We will not share your information with third parties. This includes: partner networks, advertisers and affiliates.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets (in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets), or in instances where we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of website use and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Actors Anonymous, our users, or others.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose we collected it for, including for the purpose of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request Access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request Correction of the personal information we hold about you. This allows you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing.
- Object to processing of your information where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
Should you wish to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information please write to us.
Third party links
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
© 2018-2019 Actors Anonymous Ltd. All rights reserved.